[XeTeX] Greek hyphenation in xetex

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 18:02:38 CEST 2010

Juan Acevedo writes:

> However, I think after I did this job we have had a major TeXLive move
> in the hyphenation files towards UTF8,
> and I could not tell about possible impact.

At around the same time when transition took place there has been a version
change in patterns (from version 4 to 5 if I remember correctly). But apart
from that users should not notice any difference in functionality at all (if
there is any, please send a bug report).

Hover note that 8-bit and UTF-8 engines use slightly (technically) different
patterns, but you should not worry about that. Greek was one of the rare cases
if not the only one where we were not able to make an on-the-fly correction
from UTF-8.

> I would not know about MikTeX though, sorry.

MikTeX took over the hyph-utf8 files.

Mojca