[XeTeX] Bidi ver 1.0.7 commit 26 problem on MikTeX

Mehdi Omidali mehdioa at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 11:24:40 CEST 2010

Hi Vafa and all,
Today I updated my miktex 2.8 and after compilation of a sample file
%%%%%%%%%%
\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{xepersian}

\settextfont{Times New Roman}

\begin{document}

Hello World!

\end{document}
it complains about missing bidi package even though it has been
installed. I looked at the xelatex folder of MikTeX and couldn't find
the bidi folder. Apparently it has been transferred to the latex
directory and that may cause the problem. I transferred the bidi dir to
the xelatex dir and regenerate the "File Name Data Base" and the problem
disappeared. I don't know if it is a bug in bidi itself or in the miktex
configuration.
MO