[XeTeX] selecting font size

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Apr 16 14:25:49 CEST 2010

On Apr 16, 2010, at 4:19 AM, David J. Perry wrote:

>> (Could be memoir offers more.)
>
> Indeed it does offer many more font size options.  My personal recommendation is to start learning memoir (it's a big, complicated thing) if you often need to produce documents with a complex layout.  The common LaTeX classes are pretty useless for that sort of thing.  Using memoir avoids the need to use a number of additional packages since complete control over things like headers, multiple columns, etc. is provided by the class.
>
> David

Howdy,

I really wanted to use memoir but I mostly write articles using (a variant of) the article class and memoir's emulation of the article class still had leading chapter numbers (0, of course) in section numbers, etc. Maybe that can be changed but I found it discouraging.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)