[XeTeX] Xetex won't compile without Lmodern fonts

Raphael Frey freyraphael at lavabit.com
Fri Apr 16 00:20:51 CEST 2010

I’m sorry, I was wrong: the error message in the Xetex package in Debian
unstable differs a bit form the error message in the Xetex package in
Debian stable but I suppose that it’s because of same problem:

    (/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/xelatex/euenc/eu1lmr.fd)kpathsea:
    Invalid fontname `[lmroman10-regular]', contains '['

    ! Font EU1/lmr/m/n/10=[lmroman10-regular]:mapping=tex-text at 10.0pt
    ! not loadab
    le: Metric (TFM) file or installed font not found.
    <to be read again>
                       relax
    l.100 \fontencoding\encodingdefault\selectfont

Please see also this Debian bug report [1].

Best regards

Raphael