[XeTeX] No clipping support in XeTeX and \textcelsius

Tiandao Li litd99 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 21:22:22 CEST 2010

Hi,

I had a xetex file with graphics, and I try to use the trim function in
\includegraphics

\documentclass[letterpaper,12pt]{article}
\usepackage[cm-default]{fontspec} % provides font selecting commands
\defaultfontfeatures{Mapping=tex-text}
%\usepackage{xunicode}% provides unicode character macros
%\usepackage{xltxtra} % provides some fixes/extras
\usepackage{textcomp}
\usepackage{color,graphicx}

\begin{figure}[htbp]
\begin{center}
\includegraphics[scale=0.8]{figtab/161-0363.jpg}
\includegraphics[trim=0mm 10mm 15mm 0mm, clip]{gel/20100222.jpg}
\end{center}
\end{figure}

The log file always show the following error msg:

Package xetex.def Warning: No clipping support in XeTeX yet on input line
207.

So there is still no clip support now or in the near future? Is there any
other ways to work around it?

Another question, I used textcomp package, so I can use \textcelsius for
temperature. However, the PDF file only show a square in the place of C.
after I commented out packages of xunicode and xltxtra. textcomp package
works fine. Why?

Thanks,

Tiandao