[XeTeX] Arabic/Syriac script and Apparatus notes in Ednotes

Vafa Khalighi vafakh84 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 13:20:44 CEST 2010

So I suggest that you contact the author of marginnote package and ask him
to fix this. It is not that I do not like this or I am not interested; it
simply is because I as a human being have limited time, resources and energy
and can not fix every single package. I think it seems fair that the authors
of other packages try to add bidi support. bidi package should only do
adaptations for standard latex which apparently it does lots more than that.

But if there was no problem with previous versions of bidi and marginnote
package and this new version of bidi causes these problems, then it is my
duty to fix this because obviously I have may have done something
incorrectly.

As an example if someone asks me a question about how something is done in
bidi, I answer shortly because I know what I have done but if you ask me
about marginnote package which I never have used before, I have got no idea.
If I want to make marginnote package, bidi-aware, first I have to understand
how it works by going through its macro programming and takes some time but
if the author of marginnote package himself try to make his package
bidi-aware, he can do that quickly because he knows what he has written.

I hope that my reasons are good enough but if there is any problem with
\marginpar of standard latex, I would be more than happy to fix it.
--
Best wishes,
Vafa Khalighi