[XeTeX] verse numbers

Brian Wilson bountonw at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 05:46:22 CEST 2010

Thank you. I have all numbers turning grey now. Regarding the setting of the
font size globally, I have not succeeded. I have tried numbers 8pt to 20pt
just to see the difference, but all without any changes.

Thank you,

Brian

Again my document.

\documentclass[a5paper,draft]{book}
\special{papersize=148mm, 210mm}

\usepackage{fontspec} % provides font selecting commands
\usepackage{xunicode} % provides unicode character macros
\usepackage{xltxtra} % provides some fixes/extras

\usepackage{polyglossia} % not sure what this does. My goal is to make a
document in Lao
\setdefaultlanguage[variant=us]{english}
\usepackage[usenames,dvipsnames]{color}

\defaultfontfeatures{Mapping=tex-text}
\setmainfont{Palatino}
\newfontfamily\versenumbers{Myriad Pro}

\definecolor{light-gray}{gray}{0.6}
\newcommand\graytext[1]{\textcolor{light-gray}{#1}}
\newcommand\graynumbers[1]{\textsuperscript{\graytext{#1}}}

\newcommand\vnum[1]{{\versenumbers\graynumbers{#1}}\,}

\begin{document}

This is a test of the \vnum{234} command.

End of test.

\end{document}

>The main problem I found was with grouping your use of the
>\textsuperscript in the \graynumbers command. You have:

>> \newcommand\graynumbers[1]{\textsuperscript\graytext{#1}}
>>
>Where it works with:

>\newcommand\graynumbers[1]{\textsuperscript{\graytext{#1}}}

>\textsuperscript didn't get its argument grouped, so it stopped.

>As for the font size of the main font, etc., /one/ way (maybe not the
>exact control you're looking for) is to load the font size globally in
>the option for the documentclass:

>\documentclass[12pt,a5paper,draft]{book}

>Then, you have to either scale the other font sizes with fontspec option
>[Scale=MatchLowercase] or whatever --- see the fontspec documentation.

>I'm not familiar with the XeTeX (or LaTeX)way of loading a font where
>you can specify a size to load ... someone else can help you there, I'm
>sure (I'd be happy to know, too!)

>HTH.

>--
>United in adoration of Jesus,