[XeTeX] XeTeX Digest, Vol 73, Issue 7

Fr. Michael Gilmary FrMichaelGilmary at MaroniteMonks.org
Thu Apr 8 16:58:31 CEST 2010

Brian Wilson wrote:
> Thank you Fr. Michael.
>
> I ran your suggestion and it worked beautifully.  Then I tried to adapt your
> code to a file that I already had and it fell apart. One permutation of my
> code had only the first number turning gray. I have changed some things and
> after an hour of fiddling, can't get it to compile at all. (I am using the
> xelatex command as I will be using this with a Lao document.)

Some of the errors for me were some line breaks inserted in your
comments --- so part of a comment was considered text. But that's minor.

The main problem I found was with grouping your use of the
\textsuperscript in the \graynumbers command. You have:

> \newcommand\graynumbers[1]{\textsuperscript\graytext{#1}}

Where it works with:

\newcommand\graynumbers[1]{\textsuperscript{\graytext{#1}}}

\textsuperscript didn't get its argument grouped, so it stopped.

As for the font size of the main font, etc., /one/ way (maybe not the
exact control you're looking for) is to load the font size globally in
the option for the documentclass:

\documentclass[12pt,a5paper,draft]{book}

Then, you have to either scale the other font sizes with fontspec option
[Scale=MatchLowercase] or whatever --- see the fontspec documentation.

I'm not familiar with the XeTeX (or LaTeX)way of loading a font where
you can specify a size to load ... someone else can help you there, I'm
sure (I'd be happy to know, too!)

HTH.

--
United in adoration of Jesus,