[XeTeX] new commands

Brian Wilson bountonw at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 13:36:45 CEST 2010

Thank you to the XeTeX community for the help with my last issue.

Over the last week I have learned how to change the paper size, make running
headers, make a table of contents as well as make gray scale text. If any
fellow newbies are reading this, the following site has been most helpful to
me. http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/LaTeX

Currently I am working on a small document of Bible portions in the Lao
language. There are four things that I want to do with the verse numbers.
1 Superscript
2 grayscale
3 specify font
4 add a tiny space after the verse number and before the verse.

Can I do all of this with a newly created \vnum command? I have googled
about \newcommand until I am blue in the face. Succeeded in making a command
to do superscript and another command to do grayscale, but failed to make a
command containing both functions and so didn't proceed to the last two.

Any help or link on how to do this is greatly appreciated.

Brian Wilson, Director
Asia-Pacific International University
Translation Center