[XeTeX] \predisplaydirection primitive from etex

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 5 21:12:28 CEST 2010

On 5 Apr 2010, at 18:42, Vafa Khalighi wrote:

>  Note that there also appears to be a spacing bug associated (see the last example).
>
> Would not it be posible for you to fix this bug in xetex please?

I'm guessing it's an e-TeX bug. Trying the sample with pdftex gives exactly the same results. To verify this, I suppose someone could try building "plain e-TeX" (i.e. without either the pdftex or xetex extensions) and check how that behaves. Then report the issue to the e-TeX maintainer (maybe Peter?).

I don't have time to investigate this just now, but an analysis and patch (presumably for etex.ch; this should be fixed at its root, not just in a downstream product like xetex) would be gladly received.