[XeTeX] fontspec and hyperref

Michiel Kamermans pomax at nihongoresources.com
Thu Sep 24 01:26:02 CEST 2009

Fr. Michael Gilmary wrote:
> It looks like a problem with using the \section command with \fontspec
> inside while using hyperref --- judging from the input lines referred
> to in the warning above.
>
> I don't think the \section command likes the ruby stack stuff you've
> got in there. I'm sure there's a work-around, though. But I've got to
> run ....
Actually, the ruby commands are deemed safe; if I remove the fontspec
commands, all is well and the document compiles without any warnings
outside of underfull/overfull hbox notices (although of course the
japanese will show up as "I do not know this character" glyphs in the
final pdf).

Oddly enough though, if I remove the fontspec commands from the \section
commands, but leave the rest in, I'm still left with the hyperref error
on line 86, which doesn't even have anything bookmarkable =/

- Mike