[XeTeX] Ooops...

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Sep 23 18:39:20 CEST 2009

On Sep 23, 2009, at 10:39 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> Now that the last MacTeX-2009 of Sept 20 is installed on my PPC
> Powerbook running OS X 10.5.8 I figured I'd test the updated
> xdvpdfmx (which should be universal?) on this configuration (works
> great on my MacBook Pro running OS X 10.6.1 with the same font). I
> have a file that uses Minion Pro (otf font) that compiles fine on
> the MacBook Pro and, with the same font and tex file there seems to
> be a problem since the font isn't found properly:
>
> kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+55/600 --dpi
> 655 MinionPro-Regular-Base-aa
> mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for MinionPro-Regular-
> Base-aa.
> kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.
>
> ** WARNING ** Could not locate a virtual/physical font for TFM
> "MinionPro-Regular-Base-aa".
> ** WARNING ** >> There are no valid font mapping entry for this font.
> ** WARNING ** >> Font file name "MinionPro-Regular-Base-aa" was
> assumed but failed to locate that font.
> ** ERROR ** Cannot proceed without .vf or "physical" font for PDF
> output...
>
> Any other testing I should do?
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest.com)

Howdy,

Sorry for the alarm... the problem is that I was attempting to use the
maths only from the MinionPro package (\usepackage[onlymath]
{MinionPro}) and I had forgotten to run my texmf-local font setup
script after installing the MacTeX. Sigh!!!! :-(

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)