[XeTeX] Scheherazade not rendering properly with XeTeX

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Thu Sep 10 12:03:38 CEST 2009

Am Wed, 9 Sep 2009 17:21:18 +0430 schrieb Adam Baker:

> Version "This is XeTeX, Version 3.1415926-2.2-0.999.7 (MiKTeX 2.7)"
>
> Here is a piece of the puzzle. When I delete the Scheherazade font
> from c:\windows\fonts, and even restart the computer, the file
> compiles without errors--with the corrupt output. If I change the
> \font command to ScheherazadeBREAK, I get the font-not-found error. Is
> there somewhere else that XeTeX is looking for fonts?

Yes. In miktex it can find fonts in your texmf-trees, and also in
the fonts folder of acrobat. And you can add more folders. The
details are in fonts.conf and localfonts.conf in
<UserConfig>/fontconfig/config.

> Elsewhere on my
> disk I have been modifying a copy of Scheherazade...

Add \XeTeXtracingfonts=1 at the start of your document. This should
give you pathes like this in the log-file:

Requested font "Arial" at 10.0pt
 -> C:/WINDOWS/Fonts/arial.ttf

--
Ulrike Fischer