[XeTeX] : Temporarily disable Mapping=tex-text

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 9 16:57:52 CEST 2009

On 9 Sep 2009, at 15:50, Sven Siegmund wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have selected my fonts with the optional feature Mapping=tex-text:
>
> \setmainfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Charis SIL}
>
> but somewhere in text I wand to temporarily disable it, e.g. when I
> want to write the U+0027 APOSTROPHE which shall not be converted to
> U+02BC MODIFIER LETTER APOSTROPHE. How can I do that?
>
> I figure it can be done with \addfontfeatures{Mapping=??} but what to
> write as the value of Mapping? I cannot find the default value (e.g.
> the non-tex-text) in fontspec documentation. /-:

Well, I guess \addfontfeatures{Mapping=foobar} would probably work,
just leaving a message in your log that foobar.tec could not be found!
Not very elegant, though.

The default would be none, so you could try \addfontfeatures{Mapping=}
and see if that allowed.

Alternatively, if you haven't used \setdefaultfeatures to specify the
mapping as a default, you could simply reselect the font without the
mapping option: \fontspec{Charis SIL}.