[XeTeX] Strange problem with 0.996 and 0.9995 xetex and File Names.

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Sep 5 03:37:48 CEST 2009

On Sep 4, 2009, at 6:08 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 05.09.2009 um 00:36 schrieb Herbert Schulz:
>
>> And it's really weird because the file `Summary 2.tex' is fine but
>> the file `Summary 22.tex' fails. ... why does this sound
>> familiar? ...
>

> I can't reproduce your failures even when I use the same file names...
>
> --
> Greetings
>  Pete
>
> The human animal differs from the lesser primates in his passion for
> lists of "Ten Best."
> 				– H. Allen Smith

Sigh... If I compile `Summary II.tex' (with the extension) with
pdflatex the compile works fine but with xelatex I get that strange
file name error. If I call it `ABC cc.tex'' there are no problems with
either. I'm totally stumped. This is with TL2009 pre-test or TL2008.
All is done under OS X 10.6 but the original post on the TeXShop Forum
said that they were using 10.4 and 10.5 with TL2008.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)