[XeTeX] pdftex staements no longer work.

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Sat Sep 5 01:26:08 CEST 2009

On Friday 04 September 2009 18:04:00 Joseph Wright wrote:
> John Culleton wrote:
> > The following pdftex statements won't work in xetex:
> > \pdfhsize
> > \pdfvsize
> >
> > ...and probably a fistful of others.
> > Is there a list somewhere of the missing commands?
> >
> > What are the xetex equivalents of those two above?
> > (not latex, plain xetex please).
>
> XeTeX does not implement everything in pdfTeX as XeTeX is
derived from
> tex.web + etex.ch, not pdftex.web. In general, commands
starting \pdf...
> might not be available, or might have different names. For
example, the
> LaTeX3 team recently asked for \pdfstrcmp to be added to
XeTeX as it is
> very useful. In XeTeX, it is just called \strcmp. (There are a few
> \pdf... primitives in XeTeX, but this is the exception not the rule.)

So if \pdfhorigin doesn't work and \horigin doesn't work (it
doesn't) are we back to \hoffset? And is there a default \hoffset of
1 in or does it measure from the edge of the paper?  I don't care
what the rules are, but I do like to know what they are instead of
just stumbling around trying this and trying that.
--
John Culleton
"Create Book Covers with Scribus"