[XeTeX] Running xelatex on the examples in XeTeX_doc.zip

Fr. Michael Gilmary FrMichaelGilmary at MaroniteMonks.org
Tue Sep 1 18:59:28 CEST 2009

Ravi Parimi wrote:

> I am able to locate the pdf files alright, but I would like to find
> out how to generate the pdf from the sources using xelatex/xetex
> tools. The errors I'm seeing while running xelatex suggest that
> something's wrong with my setup and I'd want to fix that.
>
> thanks

If you go to the directory where you'll find "xetex-examples.pdf",
you'll find the file called "xetex-examples.tex" (among many others). It
seems probable that another font is missing on your system: the .tex
file calls for a font name "Nakula". I don't have it here, but I suppose
you could substitute another Devanagari font (on Mac, maybe Devanagari MT?).

Hope that helps.

--
United in adoration of Jesus,

fr. michael gilmary, mma