[XeTeX] Beginner questions about creating fontspec pdf

Ravi Parimi rparimi at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 16:39:01 CEST 2009

I am running Mac OSX 10.5.8 and installed TexLive 2008 from the iso
recently. I downloaded sources for fontspec from
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/xetex/latex/fontspec/ and am
trying to figure out how to generate fontspec.pdf from the given
files. I ran xelatex on fontspec.dtx and see the following errors:

$xelatex fontspec.dtx

! Font \zf at basefont="FPL Neu" at 10.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file or inst
alled font not found.
\zf at fontspec ...ntname \zf at suffix " at \f at size pt
                                                  \unless \ifzf at icu \zf at set@...
l.163 ...pping=tex-text,Numbers=OldStyle]{FPL Neu}

?

Any ideas on how to fix this?

thanks