[XeTeX] Tabular spanning columns

Karljurgen Feuerherm kfeuerherm at wlu.ca
Sat Oct 31 18:57:13 CET 2009

Hello Axel,

Karljürgen G. Feuerherm, PhD
Department of Archaeology and Classical Studies
Wilfrid Laurier University
75 University Avenue West
Waterloo, Ontario N2L 3C5
Tel. (519) 884-1970 x3193
Fax (519) 883-0991 (ATTN Arch. & Classics)

>>> Axel Kielhorn a.kielhorn at web.de> 30/10/2009 1:50 pm >>

>So you have to turn the glyphs as well, right?

Well, either they glyphs or the markup. The glyphs are the way I want
them at the moment.

>Did you try a negative \itemsep?

No... I thought about it... but figured there must be some other option
I should be setting to zero. I decided that if I tried a negative
\itemsep it would be guesswork to find out how much. I expect there's a
way to find out the exact amount, I just don't know how to do it....

>The number in the rotated box may be too large and cause extra space.

I think I tried that already.

>It would be good to have a minimal example that I can actually run.

I can send you one. There are free fonts, yes, and I'm working on one
at the moment. I'll send it you you.

>PS: Should we take this off list? It is hardly relevant since this is

not XeTeX related.

Isn't it? But sure, we can do that. I'll just vet the other responses
first.