[XeTeX] xetex tiles incorrectly with the wallpaper package

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Oct 31 19:36:30 CET 2009

On Oct 31, 2009, at 12:56 PM, Peter Baker wrote:

> I wonder what the difference could be? Here's a minimal test. The
> problem shows up clearly in the pdf, but will it be the same if run
> on a different system?
>
> http://www.gouldbaker.net/tiletest.zip
>
> Apostolos Syropoulos wrote:
>>> Gaps are visible between the tiles: always when viewed in Evince,
>>> and at 400% magnification when viewed in Xpdf or Acroread. The
>>> gaps are narrow, but they are there. They show up on pages printed
>>> on my DeskJet and LaserJet.
>>>
>>> I don't think this problem is solved yet.
>>>
>> I have printed the output with AcrobatReader (under OpenSolaris)
>> and there are no gaps.
>> A.S.
>>
>> ----------------------
>> Apostolos Syropoulos
>> Xanthi, Greece

Howdy,

Your supplied pdf certainly does show the problem. However, when I
compile with  TeX Live 2009 pretest (via MacTeX) with all the updates,
including the updated xetex.def, I have no problem. I don't know where
the problem on your system is but it isn't universal.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)