[XeTeX] toc/index/glossary compile order?

Michiel Kamermans pomax at nihongoresources.com
Sat Oct 31 19:13:12 CET 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to get xelatex to run with makeindex interspersed in such a
way that the ToC points to the right places after all the runs, but I
seem to fail...

I have a file texated.tex with tocloft and hyperref, with a
"\tableofcontents" just before the main matter, and a \makeglossary and
\makeindex all the way at the end of the tex file (in that order). I
then run the following series of commands:

xelatex texated.tex
xelatex texated.tex   (to get the ToC in)
makeindex -s texated.ist -t texated.glg -o texated.gls texated.glo (to
make the glossary)
xelatex texated.tex   (to get the glossary in)
makeindex texated.idx
xelatex texated.tex   (to get the index in)
xelatex texated.tex   (final realignment run)

This generates a pdf with ToC, glossary and index, but while the ToC
says that the index starts at page 369 (it's a book...), which it does,
but the ToC's link actually points to page 360 instead. Is there a
different order in which I need to run through the ToC/Glossary/Index
building?

- Mike
nihongoresources.com