[XeTeX] OpenType Math kerning (cut-ins)

John Was john.was at ntlworld.com
Wed Oct 28 17:56:45 CET 2009

Hello

I guess this is related to the difficulty (impossibility?) mentioned in
another thread of setting up kerns between different fonts.  I would still
like to see custom kerns supported within a font, though.  Thus, today I
noticed that Monotype's open type Baskerville gives collisions at (J, f',
f), f], etc. (all the usual suspects from the old days).   I'm sure there
are ways of sorting this out for those who know all about look-up tables and
suchlike (which I haven't ventured into yet) - but simplest of all would be
to be able to load a custom kern table that added new kerns to those
supplied with the font, at the point of loading the font with \font (or one
of its more sophisticated progeny - but not forgetting the humble \font for
those of us who stick to plain (Xe)TeX!).

Best

John