[XeTeX] XeTeX fresh install can't find file

Steven Buraje Poggel stevenp at gmx.net
Tue Oct 20 09:20:23 CEST 2009

> >   C:\test>latex minimal.tex
> >   This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-1.40.10 (Web2C 2009)
> >   restricted \write18 enabled.
> >   entering extended mode
> >   ! I can't find file `minimal.tex'.
> >   <*> minimal.tex
>
> Check the output of
> kpsewhich -progname=latex -expand-braces $TEXINPUTS
>
> Best,
> Akira

Hello Akira,
thank you for the advice - the output was
C:\test>kpsewhich -progname=latex -expand-braces $TEXINPUTS
C:/Program Files/MiKTeX_2.7/fonts/tfm/IPA

So it was still pointing to a MikTeX font directory,
a result of my attempts to create a Pdf containing
Japanese characters using MikTeX and CJK.

I believe that the XeTeX installer doesn't set any envs,
therefore I just deleted the %TEXINPUTS% variable.
It is working now, thank you again.

But just in case: Do I have to set it to something else?
(I'm planning to create files including Kanji)

Best,
Steven

--
Steven Buraje Poggel