[XeTeX] Preview.app reloading on Snow Leopard

Arcadio Rubio García arcadiorubiogarcia at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 21:51:14 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I've recently upgraded to Snow Leopard from Leopard. I use Preview.app
to see my document while I'm editing it with XeTeX.

First I compile it with xelatex and then I simply open the resulting
PDF with the open command, which used to open or update the PDF.

As you may have noticed, Preview does not reload correctly PDFs. When
they are already open, it updates them, but also moves to the first
page, which is really really annoying.

I've been looking for a fix, but haven't found any. I don't want to
install an additional PDF viewer if I can avoid it. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

A.R.