[XeTeX] a package for transition ryles based on unicode block (allowing amongst other things automatic font switching between languages)

Michiel Kamermans pomax at nihongoresources.com
Mon Oct 19 13:54:53 CEST 2009

Vafa Khalighi wrote:
> I think with Arabic and other RTL script, just changing fonts does not
> make sense, it would be nice in addition to changing fonts, direction
> also be changed for RTL scripts.
The package allows you to set up whatever start/end rules you want.
Fontswitching is just the most obvious use, but there's nothing stopping
you from issuing "RTL command + font that supports arabian" as
transition-to rule, and "LTR command" as transition-from rule.

It's broader than the old fontwrap. That only dealt with changing fonts,
this package supports arbitrary (la)tex code as rules for entering and
exiting unicode blocks.

- Mike