[XeTeX] a package for transition ryles based on unicode block (allowing amongst other things automatic font switching between languages)

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 01:26:15 CEST 2009

On 2009-10-19 01:40:19 +1030, Michiel Kamermans
<pomax at nihongoresources.com> said:

> A tgz of the full package + description, as well as just the
> description in pdf, can (for now) be found at
> http://pomax.nihongoresources.com/downloads/ucharclasses/ and I'd like
> to ask whether you can spot any glaring problems with this package
> before I send it up to CTAN.

Looks quite handy, well done. Glad to hear that those code tables are
being generated automatically :)

Just a quick pass over the code and docs before my morning coffee:

In your documentation file, I think you should replace this:

         \title{ucharclasses}
	\chapter{the ucharclasses package}
	\section{introduction}

By:
         \title{The ucharclasses package}
	\section{Introduction}

The \chapter obviously isn't being typeset as you intended.

In newxetexintercharclass.sty (which you can probably drop in, say, a
year from now), where you have

	\PackageWarning{uccalloc}{newXeTeXintercharclass already defined, not
redeclaring.}

it's probably better to use \PackageInfo instead -- no need to add
extra information to the console output just to say "not doing
anything". (I think fontspec is guilty of this sometimes, however!)

Hope this helps,
Will