[XeTeX] XeTeX/XeLaTeX and bi-color fonts

John Was john.was at ntlworld.com
Sun Oct 18 11:14:08 CEST 2009

Hi

If all you need to do is to superimpose two pieces of identical text in
different fonts, is there anything to stop you using simple \llap in your
header definition?

If you have the fonts already defined as \fontone and \fonttwo, the text for
your header could go into a simple control sequence:

\def\headertext#1{\fontone#1\llap{\fonttwo#1}}

And when the text for the header is encountered in your document just
surround it with the control sequence:

\headertext{This is the Text for the Headline}

(These commands are in plain TeX but I think they should work in LaTeX.)

The same command \headertext would work anywhere in your document, if you
needed to use the feature elsewhere.

Hope this might at least help towards a solution.

John