[XeTeX] transparency and fontspec

Fr. Michael Gilmary FrMichaelGilmary at MaroniteMonks.org
Fri Oct 9 22:05:59 CEST 2009

� wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> some months ago, a member of the ConTeXt list explained how to achieve
> font transparency in ConTeXt using the XeTeX engine
> (http://tug.org/pipermail/xetex/2009-January/011919.html).
>
> I guess that ConTeXt uses the PDF transparency property, but it is only
> a guess, since I don't have the technical knowledge to understand the
> ConTeXt source files.
>
> I wonder whether a new \transparency command could be added to fontspec,
> so that it could be applied to texts and maybe even to images.

Hi Pablo:

I don't know if anyone has yet answered you question ... but I found the
attached file from a while ago on this list (I think). It uses fontspec
for the font and I'm sure you can figure out how to use TikZ for image
transparency, too (I don't use it myself).

Hope that helps.

--
United in adoration of Jesus,

fr. michael gilmary, mma