[XeTeX] Beginner's question - font for numbers

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Oct 9 11:56:40 CEST 2009

Am 08.10.2009 um 18:30 schrieb George:

> Hello - is there a way to use a different font just for numbers, in a
> non-math text?

Yes: \newfontfamily\digitsfont{Times 10 Roman Small Caps and Oldstyle
Figures}. Then:

This short text has {\digitsfont 7} words and {\digitsfont 2} numbers.

You could also create a command \DeclareRobustCommand{\old}[1]
{{\digitsfont #1}} and use:

This short text has \old{7} words and \old{2} numbers.

This would be the way when the font you want to use does not have
lining numbers for the digits but oldstyle figures, like Venturis ADF
Cd Style in TeX Live.

--
Greetings

   Pete

We have to expect it, otherwise we would be surprised.