[XeTeX] fontmap warnings (on TexLive 2009)

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Oct 9 02:33:35 CEST 2009

    Which rise the question: It is normal that xetex in texlive 2009 use
    pdftex.map? In miktex xetex use dvipdfm.map.

Yes.  One of the changes ChoF and Matthias implemented in dvipdfmx this
year, now picked up in xdvipdfmx, was to read the same pdftex.map file
that pdftex reads, so as to reduce by one the proliferation of map file
formats.

We actually still generate dvipdfm.map and friends in TL; just seemed
prudent to do that for an extra release.  But as far as I know nothing
in TL uses it.  (The separate dvipdfm program has also been replaced by
a link to dvipdfmx in "compatibility" mode.)

I would expect that whenever Christian updates xetex and dvipdfmx,
MiKTeX will behave the same way too.

Best,
Karl