[XeTeX] xetex updates

brindle at stud.ntnu.no brindle at stud.ntnu.no
Thu Oct 8 19:18:27 CEST 2009

You mentioned

"
did you tick the little box (in gui - don't know
how it appears in cmd) that tells the installer to place its sim links
in the /usr/ bin directory, etc? That ensures that the TL'08 programmes
are called, not the Ubuntu packaged versions.
"

This is exactly what I realise later. Even though one deletes all
texlive packages in synaptic, there is some 'tex stuff lying around'.
I thought that upgrading xetex would have been the easiest. Now it say
that I have to redirect
tex somehow to look in this usr/local/2008 folder. Yes, I'm now in the
gui of texlive 08, what should I do
there exactly (what's a sim link?)? I'll be very grateful for the help!