[XeTeX] xetex updates

David Cottenden d.cottenden at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Oct 8 15:36:15 CEST 2009

brindle at stud.ntnu.no wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had to reinstall texlive 2008 on Ubuntu 9.04. When I 'xelatex' a
> file it tells me it loads Version 3.141592-2.2-0.996-patch2 (Web2C
> 7.5.6). Now I need at least version 0.997 because of the pdfpages
> package, but can't figure out how to upgrade the xetex version? I'm
> sure someone had this issue, I just don't know how to do it. Can
> anyone provide end-users with instructions.

Nothing so useful as instructions, I'm afraid, but I installed TL'08 on
Ubuntu 9.04 recently - did you tick the little box (in gui - don't know
how it appears in cmd) that tells the installer to place its sim links
in the /usr/ bin directory, etc? That ensures that the TL'08 programmes
are called, not the Ubuntu packaged versions.

Hope that helps,

David

--
David Cottenden