[XeTeX] Bidi equation numbering

Vafa Khalighi vafa at users.berlios.de
Thu Oct 8 12:16:54 CEST 2009

> Anyway, using \setLTR before equations is an acceptable workaround,
> especially if hte next version of the bidi package fixes this problem.

The approach in v1.0.3 of bidi for equation number is that in RTL it
actually reverses parantheses so the final output look ok and so there is no
issue. The issue is I said before is about the fonts, you are using.
However, the approach in the experimental one is that whenever, there is an
equation number, in RTL mode the equation will be typeset from right to
left.

Adobe Hebrew font is freely avaliable from Adobe. You can download it from
here <http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/acrrasianfontpack.html> but
first you have got to convert them to tff and then use them. I use fontforge
for converting them to ttf. This is the script, I use

Print("Opening "+$1);
Open($1);
Print("Saving "+$1:r+".ttf");
Generate($1:r+".ttf");
Quit(0);

In unix, I call it for example otf2ttf.sh and for converting a single font,
I use

fontforge -script otf2ttf.sh FONTNAME.otf

and for converting several fonts, I use

for i in *.otf; do fontforge -script otf2ttf.sh $i; done

--
Vafa