[XeTeX] fontmap warnings (on TexLive 2009)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Oct 6 21:24:10 CEST 2009

Am 06.10.2009 um 18:43 schrieb Steven Woody:

> I just did it and the same xelatex warnings are still there :(

OK! Then let's try it systematically!

What is the output of these three commands:

	kpsewhich psfonts.map
	kpsewhich allrunes.map
	kpsewhich cm-super-t2a.map

And what is returned from these commands:

	ls -l <all pathnames output from the first three commands>
	wc -l <all pathnames output from the first three commands>
	grep frummt <all pathnames output from the first three commands>

The output of these commands could also be useful:

	which kpsewhich xetex xdvipdfmx
	xetex --version
	xdvipdfmx --version

Which utility do you use to run XeTeX? (The LOG file clearly says
you're using TL '09, but anyway...)

Did you use tlmgr or some other utility to update your very early TeX
Live 2009-test distribution since July? Could you update tonight?
There is some chance that some MAP file fragment is defective, your
whole disk or at least the slice with TL '09 could be defective, and
I hope the grep command can enlighten us a bit.

*BTW* in TL '09 you really *do* *not* need to load graphicx or
hyperref with the dvipdfmx resp. the dvipdfm options. Check it by
either running XeLaTeX or texdoc...

--
Greetings

   Pete