[XeTeX] fontmap warnings (on TexLive 2009)

Steven Woody narkewoody at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 09:31:41 CEST 2009

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 2:37 PM, Vladimir Lomov <lomov.vl at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 06, 2009 at 01:40:11PM +0800, Steven Woody wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am running xelatex against my UTF-8 Chinese article in TexLive
>> 2009/cygwin.  But I got some warnings,
>
> Your example works fine expect I changed your fonts to those I have:
> Adobe Sonf Std -> Batang (some characters in the example miss in this
> font);
> STKaiti -> Arial Unicode MS.

It seems I don't have these fonts on my cygwin/XP system.  And, since
the article is Chinese, so I have to use Chinese fonts.

>> ---------------
>> Package hyperref Warning: Rerun to get /PageLabels entry.
>>
>> [1] (./mini-sample.aux)
>> ** WARNING ** Invalid char in fontmap line: f
>> ** WARNING ** Invalid map record in fontmap line 3077 from pdftex.map.
>> ** WARNING ** -- Ignore the current input buffer: labm3583 SFBM3583 "T2AEncoding
>>  ReEncodeFont" <cm-super-t2a.enc <sfbm3583.pft frummt <frummt.pfb
>>  )
>> Output written on mini-sample.pdf (1 page).
>> Transcript written on mini-sample.log.
>> ---------------
>>
>> I seems i get trouble in fontmap files, but I don't know how to fix it
>> and also don't sure the root cause.   I attached a mini sample in this
>> message, could anyone please help me?
> This is strange: AFAIK T2A font encoding is used for cyrillic. My
> pdftex.map has
> $ grep frummt $(kpsewhich pdftex.map)
> frummt frummt <frummt.pfb

I get:

$ grep frummt $(kpsewhich pdftex.map)
frummt frummt <frummt.pfb
labm3583 SFBM3583 "T2AEncoding ReEncodeFont" <cm-super-t2a.enc <sfbm3583.pft fru
mmt <frummt.pfb

Is it normal?

> Try to generate updmap.cfg file again:
> $ tlmgr generate updmap
> and run as user:
> $ updmap
> or as admin:
> # updmap-sys

I did this, and updmap returns some errors, I am not sure if they are
okay or not:

!!! ERROR! The map file `arabtex.map' has not been found at all.
!!! ERROR! The map file `arabtex.map' has not been found at all.

Enclosed is a full list of updmap output.  Please check it.  Thanks.

> P.S. I run your example on Archlinux (x86_64) with TL2009 pretest.
>
> ---
> WBW, Vladimir.
>
> --
> Space is big.  You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly
> big it is.  I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the
> drug store, but that's just peanuts to space.
>                -- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

    -- Schopenhauer

narke
public key at http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371 (narkewoody at gmail.com)