[XeTeX] Big symbols and delimiters not expanding

David Cottenden d.cottenden at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Oct 2 13:01:59 CEST 2009

Will Robertson wrote:
> On 2009-09-29 20:19:58 +0930, David Cottenden <d.cottenden at ucl.ac.uk>
> said:
>
>> I am using Ubuntu Jaunty with TeXLive 2008 installed "manually", so the
>> XeTeX version number 3.1415926-2.2-0.999.6. I invoked XeTeX from the
>> command line with no switches. Cambria Math (truetype) is installed in
>> my system font directory. I'm sure that I've missed useful stuff from
>> this list - please feel free to ask for any further details.
>
> Has anyone else tried this out? The problem is baffling to me -- I'm
> guessing it might be an incompatibility between Jaunty and xdvipdfmx,
> but I've got no way to know if that's actually the case.
>
> I suppose TeX Live 2009 will be out very soon, so perhaps the problem
> will fix itself in the update.
>
> Will
Having just read the following from
http://www.tug.org/texlive/bugs.html, I wonder whether I perhaps ought
to have mentioned that both of the systems that I am using are AMDx64 based.

"The x86_64-linux binaries are linked against libXau.so. Some systems,
typically Red Hat-based, don't have this shared library. Alternative
x86_64-linux binaries
<http://www.tug.org/texlive/texlive-r11753-x86_64-linux.tar.bz2> with
libXau statically linked are available (thanks to Zdenek Wagner),
although texindy is not included and there may be XeTeX issues with
system fonts when used on newer systems, due to an older fontconfig
library being linked."

I haven't done anything to the TL install, and I um using Ubuntu, so is
this likely to apply or not?

I will perhaps have a go on an x86 at home now that I've found this just
to check.

Just a thought...

David

--