[XeTeX] Gentium, Tironian Et, and XeTeX

Michiel Kamermans pomax at nihongoresources.com
Sun Nov 29 01:14:04 CET 2009

Hi Chris

I don't see the Tironian Et in Gentium (in fact, I see only the bare
minimum of glyphs in the General Punctuation unicode block implemented
in Gentium). However, I do see it in DejaVu Sans
(dejavu.sourceforge.net/) and FreeFont (www.gnu.org/software/freefont/),
and it shows up fine if I compile with those fonts.

If you're on windows, and your line of work involves exotic unicode
character, you will want babelmap on the side
(www.babelstone.co.uk/Software/BabelMap.html), to check which fonts
implement the characters that you need - find your character, hit F7 for
the font analysis tool, and pick "list all fonts that cover this unicode
block", then go through the list to find out which fonts are useless,
and which are not.

- Mike "Pomax" Kamermans
nihongoresources.com