[XeTeX] table indentation

Michiel Kamermans pomax at nihongoresources.com
Sun Nov 22 14:51:56 CET 2009

Does anyone here by any chance know how to disentangle table indentation
from paragraph indentation? For the most part I have a document with
section headings, then text, then some tabular data, but there are a
small number of sections without text between the heading and the
tabular environment, and instead of lining up with the other tables,
they'll sit flush against the page's left edge, which is truly dismal
styling =)

I know I can manually force indents with \hspace or no indents with
\noident, but is there a way to tell tabular to not pretend it's a
paragraph?

- Mike "Pomax" Kamermans
nihongoresources.com