[XeTeX] How to enable hyperlinks with hyperref

Maxim Cournoyer maxim.cournoyer at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 16:53:48 CET 2009

Ok, sorry to have lost track about the reply, but I was not yet signed
to the mailing list. Now it should be easier to follow.

---

Thank you for your response Peter!

I've manage to set the PDF info fields with XeTeX by using the following
command :

\special{pdf: docinfo <<
	/Author		(Autor name)
	/Title		(Title name)
	/Keywords	(keyword1, keyword2)
	/Subject	(Subject name)
         >>}

Credit goes to Thomas Bohn for this find. It was the only way that it worked for me.
Methods using hyperref failed, even if using driver XeTeX or dvipdfm(x) as driver.
My installation is using XeTeX 3.141592-2.2-0.996-patch2 (Web2C 7.5.6), found on the latest
Ubuntu Karmic (9.10).

Now I have a second problem : My cross-reference and citation, and even URL links
are not hyperlinked in the PDF, although I tried using

\usepackage[xetex]{hyperref}   % or
\usepackage[dvipdfm]{hyperref}

I'm using babelbib to produce my citation, and when I put \cite{citation_key} it works, but it is not
hyperlinked to the corresponding reference at the end of my work. The way I understood when I read about
the hyperref package was that once it was loaded, every citation, url and cross-references were being "hyperlinked"
automatically, and by default.

Is this the correct behavior? Or do I need to add something else to get the hyperlinks on every citations, urls, cross-references?

Here's my preamble :

\documentclass[12pt,letterpaper,draft]{article}

% Packages
\usepackage[canadien,english]{babel}
\usepackage[top=2.75cm, bottom=3cm, left=2.5cm, right=2.5cm]{geometry}
\usepackage{fancyhdr}
\usepackage{ifpdf}
\usepackage[fixlanguage]{babelbib}
\usepackage[dvipdfm]{hyperref}

% Layout et options
\special{papersize=8.5in,11in}
\setlength{\headheight}{15pt}
\renewcommand{\baselinestretch}{1.5}
\hypersetup{urlcolor=cyan}

% XeTeX specific
\usepackage{xunicode}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\usepackage{xltxtra}
\setromanfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Linux Libertine O}
\setsansfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Linux Biolinum O}
\setmonofont[Mapping=tex-text,Scale=0.9]{Courier New}