[XeTeX] OS X 10.6.2, ttc fonts, xdvipdfmx and xdv2pdf.

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 16 16:00:47 CET 2009

On 16 Nov 2009, at 14:50, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> It seems a bit inconsistent here, Sigh...
>
> Try to create a file to be compiled by xe(la)tex that uses the
> Hoefler Text and the Gill Sans fonts and compile it.

BTW, I'm aware that some versions of 10.6.x have included a buggy
version of Hoefler Text that can crash ATSUI, or so it seems,
depending on the exact text sequences used. This was supposedly
improved in 10.6.2 but I don't have personal experience of it to
verify...

To identify more precisely what's crashing, it would be helpful to run
xelatex and xdvipdfmx separately (use the -no-pdf option). And are you
getting crash logs (viewable e.g. using Console.app) that show where
the process is crashing?