[XeTeX] section styling breaks with sections, intercharclasses and fontspec

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Nov 15 12:52:19 CET 2009

Am 15.11.2009 um 10:24 schrieb Will Robertson:

> On 2009-11-14 21:58:34 +1030, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE>
> said:
>
>> Am 14.11.2009 um 03:21 schrieb Will Robertson:
>>> \newfontfamily{\cjkfont}{Code2000}
>> How can I explain in this example how the variants of the
>> Hiragino  fonts in Mac OS X can be selected?
>
> I'm not 100% I understand the question.
>
> When I want to indicate different font selection for variants that
> I don't actually have fonts for, usually I just apply a "dummy"
> feature like Color=FF0000. This indicates that a different "font"
> is being used even if it otherwise looks the same.

The problem is that the italic variants of bold and regular are not
found, which leads to a declaration like

	\setmainfont[ItalicFont=HiraKakuPro-W3,ItalicFeatures={RawFeature=
+ital},
		 BoldItalicFont=HiraKakuPro-W6,BoldItalicFeatures={RawFeature=+ital},
		       BoldFont={HiraMinPro-W6}]{HiraMinPro-W3}

(and similarly for the Kaku version). Well, it only plays a role when
writing in an alphabetic script. \newfontfamily does not seem to
allow such detailed declaration.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Math illiteracy affects 7 out of every 5 Americans.