[XeTeX] Problem with bidi on TeXLive 2009 and XeLaTeX

Meho R. meho_r at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 14 19:49:28 CET 2009

Hi

I have a serious issue with bidi package turning headers in my doc right-to-left without me telling it to do so. I'm using TL2009, downloaded .iso without any update yet. I noticed that not only xunicode must be put after bidi, but xltxtra package too. Can anyone confirm this? Vafa? Here's an simplified example code to reproduce the problem (just comment the line with \usepackage{arabxetex} to see the difference in header):

\documentclass{memoir}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{lipsum}
\usepackage{fontspec}