[XeTeX] section styling breaks with sections, intercharclasses and fontspec

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Nov 14 12:10:24 CET 2009

Am 14.11.2009 um 03:36 schrieb Will Robertson:

> Can you post an example of the bug?

Here it is, an insert into Michiel's document:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[no-math]{fontspec}
\XeTeXtracingfonts=1

\setmainfont[ItalicFont=HiraKakuPro-W3,ItalicFeatures={RawFeature=
+ital},BoldItalicFont=HiraKakuPro-W6,ItalicFeatures={RawFeature=
+ital},BoldFont={HiraMinPro-W6}]{HiraMinPro-W3}

%\setmainfont[ItalicFont={HiraKakuPro-W3:+ital},BoldItalicFont=
{HiraKakuPro-W6:+ital},BoldFont={HiraMinPro-W6}]{HiraMinPro-W3}
%\setmainfont[ItalicFont=HiraKakuPro-W3,ItalicFeatures={RawFeature=
+ital},BoldItalicFont=HiraKakuPro-W6:+ital,BoldFont=HiraMinPro-W6]
{HiraMinPro-W3}
\thispagestyle{empty}

\begin{document}
   \emph{Some日 {\bfseries bold日}} padding {\bfseries text日
{\itshape for日} \emph{section日}} {\bfseries 日本{\itshape 語}}
\textit{in {\bfseries textit}} \textbf{bold日\textit{日italic}}
\end{document}

The first \setmainfont does not work, the other two do.

> This works fine for me:

And also for me.

> Putting the feature into the font name (such as "HiraKakuPro-W3:
> +ital") is bound to cause problems. I highly discourage such
> practice, even if it works some of the time at the moment.

You sent this warning already once or twice. I re-used this example
because it simply worked...

--
Greetings

   Pete

Perl—the only language that looks the same before and after RSA
encryption.
				- Keith Bostic