[XeTeX] Help with XeTeX and Georgia (OTF)

Matthew Mellon matthew.mellon at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 00:42:40 CET 2009

I'm a technical writer, and my company just switched standard typefaces. For
documents destined to both screen and paper, we are to use Georgia.

My Windows system has georgia.ttf, and I seem to be able to get XeLaTeX to
see it... but, when I compile the following document:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\usepackage{xunicode}

\usepackage{xltxtra}

\setmainfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Georgia}

\fontspec[Ligatures={Common}]{Georgia}

\begin{document}

I like fish.

\end{document}

I don't get the fi ligature in my output. When I view Georgia in Character
Map I can see the ligature at address U+FB01. Is there any way to tell XeTeX
where the ligature is and make it use the glyph?

- Matthew Mellon