[XeTeX] mathspec and MnSymbol

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Nov 6 11:33:07 CET 2009

Am 06.11.2009 um 08:13 schrieb Thierry:

> My first question: is there any difference between
> \usepackage{MnSymbol}

I'd presume the statement above would select a VF files based setup
which uses a large set of PostScript from from PFB files, each via a
particular font encoding. This should *not* work. If it works, then
because mathspec overrides MnSymbol. You should be able to check this
by examining the LOG file (are PFB, ENC, and VF files mentioned in
it?) and also by checking the fonts used in the PDF output file.
Mathspec surely uses the OTF variant of the MnSymbol fonts set
(MnSymbol{5,6,7,8,9,10,12} and MnSymbol-Bold{5,6,7,8,9,10,12}).

--
Greetings

   Pete

I hope to die before I *have* to use Microsoft Word.
			- Donald E. Knuth, 2001-10-02 in Tübingen.