[XeTeX] POLYGLOSSIA with Hebrew

sjo sjo222 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 04:01:13 CET 2009

2009/4/29 François Charette <firmicus at ankabut.net>:
>> Question 1: \section{\RL{\hfd להשוות אותם כלל}} will create a section
>> heading but the number is arabic not hebrew. Is there a similar
>> \renewcommand for sections and footnotes? Page numbers? etc. I did not
>> see this in the polyglossia manual.
>>

> Same thing:
> \renewcommand{\the<counter>}{\alph{<counter>}}
> where <counter> can be section, footnote, page, etc.

I just saw your response now and tried it out.

\renewcommand\theenumi{\alph{enumi}}%For Hebrew numbering of enumeration

The above works well (except that the code for the numbers 15, 16 etc
still has to be fixed).

\renewcommand{\thesection}{\alph{section}}
\renewcommand{\thepage}{\alph{page}}

Section and Page don't work with for me. I get an X with a box around
it where the section and page numbers should appear.

I have the latest bidi, I believe, and poylglossia is v1.0.2 according
to C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.8\doc\xelatex/polyglossia/README  (Is
there some way to tell what version of a package is actually run?).

Thank you for the help.

Jon