[XeTeX] XeTeX page on tug.org

Ken Brown kbrow1i at gmail.com
Fri May 29 20:42:05 CEST 2009

On 5/29/2009 10:33 AM, François Charette wrote:
> Upon Karl Berry's suggestion, I have assembled a collection of links
> pertaining to XeTeX. It is now available at
>
>         http://tug.org/xetex/
>
> Suggestions for additions and improvement are welcome! You can either
> send them to me or directly to Karl Berry.

This is great.  Thanks for doing this.  I have only one minor
suggestion, related to a question I asked earlier on the tex-live list
(http://tug.org/pipermail/tex-live/2009-May/020889.html).  I think it
would be useful to have an "Examples" section, containing links to xetex
source files that compile OOTB with fonts that are shipped with the
texlive distribution (or that will be shipped with TL2009).  I'm sure
some such examples can be extracted from the links on your page, but
people trying to learn xetex would probably find explicit examples
helpful.  I would also recommend (to Karl) that at least one such
example should be included in the texlive distribution, in the spirit of
sample2e.tex for latex.

Thanks.

Ken