[XeTeX] book size options --- help

Peter Seibel peter at gigamonkeys.com
Wed May 27 04:54:01 CEST 2009

You can also pretty easily get crop marks with the memoir class. I'm
just getting up to speed on it myself but that part was pretty
painless.

Start your document with the 'showtrims' option:

  \documentclass[showtrims]{memoir}

Set up your stock size, etc.

  \setstocksize{11in}{8.5in}
  \settrimmedsize{9in}{6in}{*}
  \settrims{1in}{1.25in} % so the trimed page is centered in the stock
  \setlrmarginsandblock{.5in}{.5in}{*}
  \setulmarginsandblock{1in}{1in}{*}
  \checkandfixthelayout

then include one of the trim styles like:

  \trimFrame

or

  \quarkmarks

There are some other trim styles which should be mentioned in the
memoir manual near these two.

-Peter

P.S. As I said, I'm just learning this stuff myself so if I've done
something irredeemably dumb, hopefully someone more experienced will
chime in to set us straight.

--
Peter Seibel
http://www.codersatwork.com/