[XeTeX] Bug in fontspec's \newfontfamily?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun May 24 10:05:01 CEST 2009

Am 24.05.2009 um 07:54 schrieb Will Robertson:

> Not sure what you mean here?

The simple fact that a new font descriptor from a not infinite set
gets used up by \newfontface or \newfontfamily.

> Is this a problem I should be investigating?

No. Except, maybe, help people understand that \newfontface and
\newfontfamily are very efficient and should be preferred,
particularly because they allow to reuse earlier definitions. (And I
also presume then a font is only embedded once in the PDF output
while otherwise there is no guarantee to determine that the same font
gets used x times, so that it gets embedded these x times.)

--
Greetings

   Pete

A child of five could understand this!  Fetch me a child of five.