[XeTeX] Embolden disabled?

John Was john.was at ntlworld.com
Sat May 23 10:53:45 CEST 2009

Hello Peter

The space before the = sign makes no difference, and the log reports no
errors:

This is XeTeXk, Version 3.1415926-2.2-0.999.6 (Web2C 7.5.7) (format=xetex
2009.5.20)  23 MAY 2009 09:48
entering extended mode
 %&-line parsing enabled.
**fonttst
(./fonttst.tex (c:/Program
Files/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/tex/eplain/eplain.tex)
[4.0.1.0.-1.0.1] )
Output written on fonttst.pdf (1 page).

The 'extend' feature works, though I doubt if it could useful be made to
produce plausible bold (and curiously, it removes all interword spacing,
even if I make the spaces explicit with \ ).

Best

John